The overall objective of the evaluation is to assessthe impact of EMPOWER project, by measuring outcome indicators at three points in time: baseline, midline, and end line. Phase One will be implemented between October 2022 and January 2023 and will consist of a baseline. The baseline will form the basis for developing a strong evaluation framework, create a solid foundation for measuring change, understanding the project contribution to achieving this change and generating lessons for future programming. Phase Two will be conducted between August and December 2024 through a midline evaluation. Phase Three will consist of an end line evaluation between March and August 2026.
For this purpose, the project isseeking an academic partner or university to design and implement the impact evaluation of the project,starting with the first round of data collection in Phase One, with the possibility to continue supporting the project through the midline and end line.
Additionally, they will co-lead with a Malian institution on an action-research agenda to address evidence gaps identified during project implementation. The academic partner will design a comprehensive and rigorous approach to impact evaluation that will inform program decisionmaking and organizational learning. The project performance measurement framework (PMF) is available in Annex 1.
1. Prepare an inception report outlining the methods to be employed in executing the
assignment and a detailed work plan for the baseline with:
a. Work plan and schedule of activities
b. Description of qualitative and quantitative sampling including sampling approach,
sample size, power, and confidence intervals
c. Detailed description of how to collect, analyze, triangulate, and summarize
quantitative and qualitative data including draft versions of all data collection tools to
be used, in English and French
d. Detailed quality assurance protocols to guide data collection/entry, including spot
e. Description of gender-sensitive research methods that will be integrated into the
study, including processes for obtaining informed consent
f. Description of data analysis processes, including use of data analysis software. Please
note that gender and age disaggregated data will be collected and analyzed (along
with other relevant disaggregation (disability, geography etc.)
g. Detailed indicator descriptions that include indicator definitions, data sources, and
2. If international consultants are not able to travel to Mali for this assignment because of COVID-19, insecurity, or any other reason, they will work with local data collection firmsand provide remote management, training, and quality assurance. They would take the
lead role in developing, revising, adapting, translating, and piloting data collection tools (both qualitative and quantitative) to be used for the baseline as per the agreed
methodology, including pre-testing and piloting of tools for linguistic and cultural
appropriateness. The evaluation partner willbe responsible for all costs associatedwith the
baseline planning, training, data collection, quality assurance and reporting, including
travel, printing, translations, mobile devices, training venue(s) and materials.
3. Actively participate in regular meetings with Right To Play on evaluation
plan/methodology/timeframe, discussing results and findings and agreed recommended
4. Manage data collection process, including recruitment of data collectors, providing
training and support, supervision and monitoring of data collection and storage. This
includes ensuring the credibility of field data collected by interviewers.
5. Data should be collected using mobile devices. All tablets, power banks, and other
necessary equipment should be provided by the consultant.
6. Compile a comprehensive first draft baseline report and revise the report based on
feedback from Right To Play, including lessons learned and recommendations to be
considered in an internal quality assurance process (Evaluation Management Response).
7. Prepare and submit a final baseline reportto Right To Play’s Global Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Team, including:
a. Validation workshop with EMPOWER implementing partners
b. Copy of the final baseline report in English and French
c. Copies of raw and cleaned data sets in both Excel and statistical software formats
(e.g., SPSS) including any transcripts, coding frameworks, field notes, as well as
annexes of processed results tables and copies of all final data collection tools used
(with all levels of disaggregation, including geographical areas breakdown).
d. PowerPoint presentation in English and French with summary findings for formal
presentation to key stakeholders
e. An evaluation brief document summarizing the main findings of the evaluation.
• Academic or research institution with at least 7-10 years’ experience of research and/or
evaluation. Having an identified Malian partner (local academic partner or data collection firm)
would be an asset for the team. The team would also gain by having a gender expert.
• Good knowledge of the humanitarian context
• Previous experience in evaluating education programs and administering EGRA/ISELA tests
• Previous experience in writing evaluation reports commissioned by international NGOs
• Experience collecting quantitative and qualitative data involving children and women
• Excellent skills and experience in data analysis using rigorous analytical tools (Excel, SPSS,
• Demonstrated understanding and support of gender, child protection and inclusion
• Willingness and ability to work in relatively remote and rural areas of Mali
• French language skills is required
© 2022 Société québécoise d'évaluation de programme (SQÉP) | Tous droits réservés. | Conception Web : ViGlob
Nous utilisons les cookies afin de fournir les services et fonctionnalités proposés sur notre site et afin d’améliorer l’expérience de nos utilisateurs. Parmi ces cookies, ceux qui sont jugés nécessaires au fonctionnement du site sont stockés sur votre ordinateur ou sur tout autre appareil.
Nous utilisons aussi des cookies tiers qui nous permettent de mieux comprendre l’utilisation que vous faites de notre site web. Ces cookies seront stockés sur votre appareil seulement si vous y consentez en cliquant sur «J’accepte ».
Vous pouvez toujours les désactiver ultérieurement mais votre expérience de navigation sur notre site pourrait s’en trouver affectée.